Close to centre, Year Round Living £1,340,000 Asking Price €1,495,000 - Villa
A rare opportunity to purchase an exceptional UNIQUE architect designed stone built villa with private pool in one of Bodrum’s most exclusive residential locations. This private luxury property for sale showcases timeless architectural design combined with a grand but homely interior. It is in the perfect spot for year round Bodrum living and an enviable location as a holiday home.
UNIQUE – PERFECT FOR A LARGE FAMILY or for HOSTING MANY FRIENDS
The property is in a quiet and green residential setting which overlooks Bodrum bay and close to everything in Bodrum town. The villa is a 7 minute walk to the marina, luxury cafes and specialist shops, restaurants, and entertainment, including genuine jazz cafe and of course, Bodrum’s famous 15th century castle. Equally close is the popular bay of Bardakci, which is the site of the ancient fountain of Salmakis. History, architecture and a family residence all a short walk from central Bodrum!
UNIQUE large luxury home in Bardakci the best part of Bodrum town beautifully crafted in stone and high quality wood
UNIQUE very large plot of 1200 plus sq metres.
UNIQUE opportunity to host large family and friends with up to 9 rooms.
UNIQUE opportunity to build extra two bed villa in grounds
UNIQUE opportunity to install gym and cinema
This superb property was originally designed by the architect of the Marmara and Monastir hotels for use as a holiday home for a large European family. The current European owners bought the villa in 2007 and have continually upgraded the house and grounds transforming it into what is now a comfortable, high quality, year-round home.
Designed on 3 floors, the 386m2 living accommodation comprises a living area with sunken seating and doors leading onto the terrace, kitchen (with new corian worktops), library/office area, entrance lobby and cloakroom. Upstairs are 3 bedrooms all with a Juliet balcony. The master bedroom has a walk in wardrobe, en-suite bathroom with extra large bath and walk in shower. The remaining 2 bedrooms on this floor have generous built-in wardrobes and cupboards and share a family bathroom. A utility room can also be found on this first floor. There is a library or media room with spectacular views of Bodrum, the castle and harbour. At pool floor level there is a separate guest/staff apartment which has a mini kitchen and en-suite bathroom and private entrance. There is an additional guest room with built in wardrobe, en-suite bathroom and access to the gardens. At a lower level, next to the swimming pool, is a generous storage area with a customised workshop space.
Outside, beautiful private gardens with fruits and flowers and sitting areas provide a natural green frontage which lead to the backdrop views across Bodrum to the blue of the sea, marina and castle. The antique theatre with its curving stone seats can be seen from several viewpoints. From the villa and grounds, fabulous panoramic views of hills, harbour, castle, antique theatre, town, and traditional homes of Bodrum can be seen.
The special large private pool, with curved seating, as well as diving end, and swimming end (11m x 6m) proudly sits in a stone surround/sundeck with plenty of sun and shade space. A covered terrace with poolside seating spans the width of the villa at ground level, whilst above a super balcony with two shaded pergola areas provide perfect spots for al-fresco dining and gazing at the views. Steps lead from the main pool terrace to the colourful mature grounds of the main garden where there is a variety of ‘hidden’ seating spots both in the shade or sun. The gardens provide a high degree of privacy.
The house and grounds have so much to offer and must be seen to be appreciated. As well as the details above and below there is an opportunity to remodel the existing accommodation into a 9 bedroom property for little cost.
Located in the coolest part of Bodrum in the summer
The house is equipped for luxury living all year round
There is plenty of parking without problems
Located on a quiet street.
Very very private and beautifully maintained and improved by current owner
Luxury Touches – Exceptional Architect Designed Bodrum Villa
About Bodrum & Bardakci
Bardakci Bay is one of the closest bays and beaches to central Bodrum and has a small sandy beach, ringed by villa’s, resorts and hotels, on the coastline only about 2km from Bodrum Harbour.
Bodrum is one of the most vibrant tourist towns in Turkey the major town on the Bodrum Peninsula. Bodrum is the site of the ancient city of Halikarnassus, famous for the Mausoleum of Halikarnassus (built after 353 BCE) , and one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. A major attraction now and the most prominent landmark in the city is Bodrum Castle built in from 1402 by the Knights Hospitaller, during the Crusades.
A market town and fishing village until the 1960’s , Bodrum began its evolution into the modern Bodrum we know today, when the Turkish intellectual and cultural elite began to settle in the town.
Bodrum has since developed as a sailing destination with a very large Marina adjacent to the Castle and is has fast become a favourite destination for visitors who enjoy the unique combination of the ancient past and modern western culture. As you would expect there are many shops and restaurants along and behind the sea front. It’s a youthful city too and includes the famous Halikarnas night club, with a capacity for 4000 famous for outdoor foam parties! Not far from the centre are large international retail stores which provide a huge selection of everything you need to buy to equip a run a home.
A major attraction for the well heeled is the Bodrum Marina and the Yacht Club. Here are many luxury shops, catering for the wealthy including visitors who have moored their boats in the Marina. Upscale supermarkets with fine wines, exclusive olive oils, designer clothing and furnishings can all be found within a stones throw of the Marina. And this is the area where some of the Peninsula’s finest restaurants are to be found too. This area of Bodrum has an atmosphere that would not be out of place in some of the world famous marinas around the world which you may find in Florida, California, Southern France, Italy or Spain.
- AIRPORT: 40 km to Bodrum Airport
- LOCATION: Bodrum
- DISTANCE TO NEAREST TOWN: 18 km to Yalikavak, 8 km to Ortakent mid town shopping and dining
- SEA / BEACH: Bardakci bay 0.7km
- SUPERMARKETS: Large Migros supermarket, 0.9km and smaller markets close by
- BODRUM MARINA: 0.9km
- OASIS SHOPPING & CULTURAL CENTRE & CINEMARINE: 1.5km
- CONSTRUCTION YEAR: Remodelled in 2008-2015
- PROPERTY CONDITION: Excellent
- LIVING AREA: 386 m2
- PLOT SIZE (APPROX.): 1234 m2
- PROPERTY ORIENTATION: East
- VIEWS: Over Bodrum’s marina and harbour to the castle, antique theatre, surrounding hills
- NUMBER OF FLOORS: 3
- BEDROOMS: 5 double bedrooms. Master has large bath, walk in shower, improved lighting, new storage unit
- BATHROOMS: 3 en-suite bathrooms, 1 family bathroom, poolside bathroom and separate WC/cloakroom
- LIVING AREA: 90m2 Open plan with purpose designed seating and storage area, glass fronted fireplace, sideboard, double glazed windows and doors to terrace
- KITCHEN: Large kitchen with modern purpose built units and corian work surfaces and adjacent dining terrace
- UTILITY ROOM: Yes, with streamlined storage for household cleaning appliances, ironing board, washing machine, sink with drainer and storage unit
- FLOOR TYPES: Wood and ceramic throughout
- GARDEN: Large private grounds and gardens with automatic electronically adjustable watering system. A metal staircase leads to the lower garden with mature trees and planting, citrus garden, fruit trees, wisteria, jasmines, paths and ‘private/hidden’ seating areas
- OUTSIDE: Large terrace (45m2) off the salon with new pergolas with woven removable shades
- SWIMMING POOL: Large shaped private pool 11m x 6m. Depth varies from 1.50cm deep to 200cm. Infinity style with water depot and ozone cleaning system
- PRIVATE BEACH ACCESS: No
- ELECTRICAL SUPPLY: Mains with large back up generator
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains with 50 tonnes storage tank and 20 tonnes storage tank
- PARKING: Private covered car port parking and several spaces alongside the house in the street
- HEATING: Fire place in Salon / lounge (Invicta glass fronted double skinned space heating wood burning stove) and large A/C unit, and bedrooms have electric panel radiators
- AIR CONDITIONING: All rooms
- WINDOWS: Double glazed with electric shutters
- WATER HEATING: 3 electric immersion heaters using solar heated water
- SECURITY: Alarm with sensing devices, security lighting and boundary fences and ironwork
- FURNISHED: Partial
Base Pricing Information
- VILLA (Ref: 2033) BASE PRICE: Euro 1,495,000
Commission & Prices
Availability upon agreement. This material is based upon information which we consider reliable, but because it has been supplied by a third party we cannot confirm that it is totally accurate or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. This offering is subject to errors, omissions, change of price or withdrawal without notice. the commission of 6 % + VAT over the purchase price is to be split equally between the seller and buyer as stipulated by Turkish regulations.</br></br> <b>The Asking price of a property can be in Euro, USD, TL or GBP. All listings on www.luxurypropertyturkey.com are priced in the ‘asking currency’ we then place the approx price in GBP for the purpose of the websites currency converter which provides you with an indicative price in the main currencies at today’s rate of exchange, so please take the asking price as the firm price and currency.</b>